Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The trip from H-E.....

HEAVEN.....it was the plane trip from Heaven!   My mom and I flew with the kids to CA while Jacob flew to Vegas for work.   We were both really nervous about the entire production - getting everything into the hotel shuttle, through security, the flight, etc.   We were the only ones on the shuttle, only a few people in security (Virgin America has their own security at Logan - highly recommend them) and they patiently waited to board the flight.    I thought at least a few temper tantrums would be in store.   I was fully stocked with extra outfits for all of us, my computer, ipad, movies, food, presents, etc.

I sat in the row with the kiddos and my mom was in the aisle next to us.   They played with their new headphones, "watched the news" (Tanner is just like Daddy), played with toys (I packed small presents and gave them one every hour), talked to "Gram", colored and just played!   I was very emotional the last few days of our stay in MA.   It was awful saying goodbye to our friends and the kids friends.   So, we're sitting on the plane and Lila says "are Logan and Kelli coming too?"  Instant tears!!!
On a positive note, the biggest highlight was using the airplane toilet.   Lila is just about potty trained and I wasn't sure how she would do.  Well, they both went multiple times.  WOO HOO!

They were so excited for Uncle Kurt to pick them up.   We then checked out our new home in Brentwood then headed to Grandpa's.   We stayed with "Bambah" for 12 days until our belongings arrived.   The kids were out of sorts, whiny, missing their friends, beds, toys, house, etc.   Of course I felt awful for uprooting them.  It got better as the days went on.  They're having a blast with their cousins, aunts and uncles, grandma's, grandpa, and the rest of their family.   We even got a special visit from Grandma Carol and Uncle Chris, all the way from Oregon.  They still ask for their friends and our old neighbors.   I hope they continue asking so they're not forgotten.  

I'm in the process of adding the rest of the July and August pictures.   I'm overwhelmed with doing the last of the un-boxing, learning a new town, etc.   I hope to have the pictures added here in the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment