Tuesday, October 4, 2011

August pictures too

During the months of July and August we tried to do as much as we could before we moved.

We start off with the yearly visit from Aunt Anna and Florence, playing in the Boston Common, blueberry picking with Corrine, Cameron & Baby Tanner (Aunt Anna & Florence went to Martha’s Vineyard for a couple days), our annual block party and our going away party (boy do we miss you guys!), trip to the Mystic Aquarium in Connecticut, playing at an indoor “park” in town,  Davis Farmland (I’ve always wanted to go here, it’s a farm like you’ve never seen/water park and a GREAT place for kids),  our last trip to Maine before our move, playing in Newburyport (one of my favorite towns & where the kids were born), more time at the park, last trip to our favorite farm (by our house anyway), and yet another park then a quick trip to another farm, flight to CA,  and lots of play time with cousins in CALIFORNIA!

I apologize for the 600+ pictures.   I think this is the most I've taken in one month.  We were busy, busy, busy!

A big thank you to Meghan and Greg for letting my mom, the kids and I spend 2 nights and Jacob 5 nights during our move.   They went above and beyond with keeping us fed and making us feel welcome.   

We're REALLY missing New England.   I guess it's only natural to feel like a New Englander after 10 1/2 years.   Yes, it really was that long.  There's no place like New England, at least that I've experienced.   To us, Summer and Fall are the best time of year there and I'm longing for all of the fun Fall activities.  To all our friends there - sending you a great big hug.  

But don't get me wrong, I love being close to family and watching the kids with all of their relatives.    I'm sure California will feel like home soon.    We do love our house and neighborhood.   You can't beat it with a neighborhood pool and tons of parks within walking distance, one 4 houses down.   The weather has also been amazing, I can get used to that!  

No comments:

Post a Comment